To meet your expectations about privacy and confidentiality, SCD has operational processes and procedures to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
If you have any questions not addressed in this policy, please feel free to contact us using the methods at the end of this policy under the heading “How can I contact SCD?”.
- What personal information do we collect?
SCD collects personal information that you provide directly to SCD as well as information from publicly available sources and third parties. We may ask for a range of personal information to assist us in providing the relevant services. The information we may request includes (but is not limited to) name, address, contact details, or any other personal information you provide us which is relevant to your query.
- Sensitive Information
We do not generally collect sensitive information about you unless required by applicable laws or rules. Sensitive information includes information relating to, race, political or religious beliefs, sexual preferences, criminal convictions or health information.
The APP sets out restrictions about the way sensitive information can be used. Unless you give us your consent, or if we are required or permitted by law, we will only use or disclose sensitive information for the purposes for which it was provided.
- Why do we collect personal information?
SCD only collects personal information that is necessary to carry out our primary business activities, including providing you with information and general marketing activity about our products and services, including our motor vehicle advisory and referral services.
- How do we collect your personal information?
We may collect personal information from you when you use our services, request a service booking, warrantee claim, motor vehicle referral service, visit our websites, or otherwise interact with us.
We will endeavour to only collect your personal information directly from you. However, there are circumstances where we will be required to collect your information from third parties. We may collect personal information about you from other parties including third parties including dealer agents.
- How do we use your personal information?
SCD may collect, use and disclose your personal information to:
- Efficiently administer and manage the products and services we provide to you;
- Provide you with information about other products and/or services that may be of benefit to you;
- Respond to your queries;
- Facilitate your dealership referral;
- Operate our business;
- Where we believe the law requires or permits us to do so.
- Who do we disclose personal information to?
The types of organisations we may disclose your information to are:
- Our agents, contractors or third-party service providers that provide financial or other services in connection with the provision of our primary business activities;
- Our agents, contractors or third-party service providers that provide financial, legal or other services in connection with the operation of our business;
- Vehicle dealers within our supplier network if you purchase a vehicle through that network.
- Third Party Services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors have their own privacy policies on respect to the information we are required to provide to them for any purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies to understand how your personal information will be handled by these providers. In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction that either you or us. If you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
When you click on links on any of our websites, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statement.
We also use Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits the site and what pages are being viewed.
- Securing Your Data
We take reasonable steps to protect all information which we hold (including your personal information) from misuse, loss, unauthorised access modification or disclosure. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore SCD cannot provide absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times.
SCD have implemented above standard industry security measures to protect the personal information we hold from unauthorised access.
- Website Information Collection & Usage Practices
You can access our home page and browse our website without disclosing your personal information. When you access the site or services, we may collect the following information or utilise the following methods:
- Personal Information – We collect Personal Information when you knowingly provide it, including when you provide feedback or request information.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information – SCD automatically receives and records certain “traffic data” on its server logs including your IP address, browser type, browser language, the page you requested, the date and time of this request, your communications and interactions with other site registrants and the page you visited immediately prior to visiting this site. You understand that SCD uses this data to help diagnose problems, analyse trends and develop marketing material communications.
- Cookies – We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them). Cookies are small text files stored in your browser. You can configure your internet browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is being sent. Most browsers accept cookies by default. If you set your browser to not accept cookies, it will not prevent you from accessing the Sites, however it may prevent you from utilising all features of the Sites.
- Remarketing – Our remarketing service is provided by Google and other companies that show our ads on websites across the Internet. When you visit another website that works with Google, or other providers of remarketing advertising, you may see ads for our products you previously viewed although they may have nothing to do with the website you are viewing the ads on.
- Direct Marketing
From time to time we may use the personal information we collect from you to identify particular SCD products and services which we believe may be of interest to you. Our communication to you may be sent in various forms such as mail, SMS and email. You consent to us sending you marketing communications. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so. If you do not wish to receive information about our products and services, you may notify us using the contact details provided below or by using any opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications.
- Requests for Access
If we collect your personal information, you have the right to request access to your personal information.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request an amendment of it. We will consider if the information requires any amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it and provide upon request, SCD’s reasons for denial of access or a refusal to correct personal information.
- How can I contact SCD?
Please address all correspondence to:
The Privacy Officer
SCD American Vehicles Pty Ltd
40 Kremzow Road
Brendale QLD 4500
T 07 3123 6229
E [email protected]
- Privacy Complaint Form
If you believe we have not complied with our obligations concerning your personal information we invite you to contact us and lodge a complaint. Complaints can be lodged via email, which can be sent to [email protected]
This policy represents our policy at March 2021.
We use your personal information to deal with your enquiry. We may disclose your personal information to our related organisations, anyone we appoint to do something on your behalf and other organisations that assist us with our business.
Thank you for visiting the ausowned.com.au website (Site). The Site is maintained by SCD American Vehicles Pty Ltd, ABN 47 631 589 841 (SCD) for your information and convenience.
By using the Site you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (Terms) Please read them carefully.
SCD does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of any information supplied on the Site. The information is subject to change without notice at any time. No warranty is made that any information on or linked to this Site is complete and/or accurate. All information contained on the Site in respect of any goods or services does not constitute an offer to sell but an invitation to treat only and is subject to the availability of the products or services by the certified business, which may change from time to time.
Copyright and Trademark Notice
This Site is owned and operated by SCD. Unless otherwise specified, all material appearing on this Site, including the text, site design, logos, graphics, icons and images, photographs, graphics, typefaces and other material (collectively Content) as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof is subject to applicable copyright laws. Copyright© SCD American Vehicles Pty Ltd, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. All audio and video clips are the sole property of SCD or their respective content providers. All software used on the Site is the sole property of SCD or those supplying the software. You acknowledge that the Site contains Content, audio and video clips and software that are protected by copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights, and that these rights are valid and maybe protected in all forms, media and technologies which exist now or are developed in the future. No materials from this Site may be copied, reproduced, modified, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any form or by any means without SCD’s prior written permission. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Any unauthorised use of the materials appearing on this Site may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
Disclaimer for Use of Site
You expressly agree that you use the Site at your sole risk. In no event will SCD, its directors, officers, employees, representatives, and third-party content providers warrant that the site will be uninterrupted or error-free. In addition, SCD does not make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Site, or use of the information, content, service, or products provided through the Site.
Further, SCD explicitly disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy, content, or availability of information found on sites that link to or from the site from third parties. SCD is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained in third-party sites, and you hereby irrevocably waive any claim against us with respect to such sites.
Except in the case of any liability that cannot be excluded by law, SCD, its directors, employees, representatives or any other party involved in creating, producing, or distributing the Site will not be liable for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and defence or settlement costs) whatsoever, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising out of or referable to:
- the use of or inability to use the Site;
- the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the site;
- unauthorized access to or alteration of your registration information, transmissions or data;
- statements or conduct of any third party on the Site;
- negligent or wilful acts of SCD, its directors, officers, employees and representatives; or
- any other matter relating to the Site.
You agree to indemnify and hold SCD, its related bodies, corporate, directors, officers, employees and representatives harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any you or any third party due to or arising out of the Content you submit, post to or transmit through the Site, your use of the Site, your connection to the Site, your violation of the Terms, or your violation of any rights of another.
Security of registration information
If use or access to any part of the Site is subject to a logon system, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and registration and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password and registration. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Site, use of the Site, or access to the Site. You agree not to access the Site by any means other than through the interface that is provided by us for use in accessing the Site.
SCD may elect to electronically monitor areas of the Site and may disclose any Content, records, or electronic communication of any kind:
- to satisfy any law, regulation, or government request;
- if such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to operate the Site; or
- to protect our rights or property or the rights of the users, our directors, employees, representatives, sponsors, third party providers or licensors.
We are not responsible for screening, policing, editing, or monitoring such Content.
SCD may terminate your access, or suspend your access to all or part of the Site, without notice, for any conduct that we, in our sole discretion, believe is in violation of any applicable law or is harmful to the interests of another user, a third-party provider, or SCD.
Linking and framing
Links to external sites from this Site are provided for convenience only and SCD does not endorse or make any warranty with respect to such external sites.
SCD does not warrant that the Site will be available at any time. Users acknowledge that the Site may be unavailable for a number of reasons, including due to matters beyond SCD’s control, and shall not hold SCD accountable in respect of any claims arising there from. SCD does not warrant that users’ access to the Site will meet any particular performance criteria.
As far as legally possible this Agreement, its terms and conditions and the Use of this Site shall be governed by the laws in existence from time to time in Australia. Any claim relating to the Site, the services provided through the Site or the Content shall be governed by the laws of Queensland and you agree to submit to having the matter dealt with in a court in Brisbane in the state of Queensland Australia.
These terms are effective even if this Agreement is terminated by either party. Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right to suspend or deny, in our sole discretion, your access to all or any portion of the Site with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Site may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that we may immediately deactivate or delete your registration and all related information and files under your registration and bar any further access to such files or the Site. Further, you agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Site.